The Cedar team lead a caring, approachable and professional service to patients, colleagues and visitors. The practice is mindful of patients health and well-being and continue to develop and review ongoing healthcare needs within the community with a vision to deliver an exceptional standard of general practice care according to the Care Quality Commissioning authority.
CQC Rating 2019: Summary Ratings 2019
There is good access to see a GP, nurse and other services. New patients are welcome.
Flu clinic dates:
Book an appointment with nurse or HCA -
(Past event)Walk-in : 9th October 9.30 - 11.30 am for patients over 65 years old
(Past event)Walk-in : 16th October 9.30 - 11.30 am for patients over 65 years and patients At Risk
(Past event) Booked : 23rd October 9.00 - 11.00 am for children only
Walk-in : 6th November 9.30 - 11.30 Both 65+ and At Risk
Booked: 13th November 9.00 - 12.00 Children only
Cedar Practice News November 2019
- Flu season - Flu virus is most common during autumn and winter months, please consider getting your flu vaccine either here at the practice or your local pharmacy. Details of our dedicated flu clinics can be found at the top of this page, we are currently in the process of sending letter invites to all patients who are at risk of getting the flu and all patients 65 years and over. More information on the flu can be found here: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/flu/
- Dr Debbie Shier is retiring 7th November 2019 - we wish Dr Shier all the best and we are grateful for the 30 years she has dedicated to the Cedar Practice. If you have a message for Dr Shier then please send her a card.
Breast Screening awareness We recommend you take a look at CoppaFeel! website to find out more on the signs and symptoms of breast cancer. If you have a breast concern please contact the practice.
- Online Consult - presented by Egton
A new Online Consult platform, Online Consult. The Online platform aims to help patients seek advice and speak to usual GP. We are slowly gaining popularity with our new online platform check it out and let us know what you think... https://www.online-consult.co.uk/org/cedar-practice
- Fast Access to a Duty Doctor in Hackney:
Urgent GP appointments are available the same day at the Cedar Practice - and at other Hackney GP practices'. We urge you to contact your GP surgery during working hours, to get help with urgent medical problems, before calling 111 or going to a hospital Accident and Emergency department.
- City and Hackney GP Hub appointments
Our sister surgeries offer extended hours appointments. If you would like a weekend appointment or an appointments after 6.30 pm please speak to our reception team who will inform you about other surgery hours and appointment availability.
To find more information about available NHS services in London, visit https://www.myhealth.london.nhs.uk/services
Free Internet Access in Hackney
Friends and Family Test (FFT)
The NHS Standard Contract for 2014/2015 requires that providers of NHS-funded services undertake the Friend and Family Test (FFT). The FFT offers patients of NHS-funded services the opportunity to provide feedback about the care and treatment they received.We are asking patients how likely it would be that they would recommend the service they have received from us to their friends and family.
In order to participate, your Review can be submitted either by the 'Have your say - Friend & Family Test' link or via the link below
FFT - October 2019
(Site updated 04/11/2019)