Cedar Practice News
Covid-19 vaccine appointments now available:
Covid-19 Vaccination Centre located in the John Scott Health Centre and Bocking Street
- We will contact eligible patients to make an appointment.
- Free transport is available - just let our reception team know if you need transport.
- Please be aware that you should receive an invite for this vaccine via your GP surgery only. This will be by text and/or a telephone call.
- Should I have the Covid-19 vaccine? An informative leaflet
- Please see below for a helpful video from our one of GP colleagues at Spring Hill Practice with information regarding the COVID-19 vaccination
The practice offers telephone appointments, face to face appointments and online consultations.
As of 28th April, we have resumed the ability to book routine face-to-face appointments online. Please see our 'Online Services' page for more information on how to register for this service.
To speak to a GP using our online service visit Online Consult. GPs will respond to an Online Consultation request within 48 hours Monday – Friday, either via text or telephone call.
Proof of Covid-19 vaccination:
From 17 May 2021, people in England who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 can demonstrate their vaccination status for international travel. A full course is currently two doses of the Moderna, AstraZeneca and Pfizer vaccine, or one dose of the Janssen single-dose vaccine. Vaccine status will be available through the NHS COVID Pass service from:
- the NHS App which you can download from app stores
- the NHS website
- 119 - by requesting a paper letter
You will need to register to use the online services, if you have not already. It may take more than a week for your identity to be checked and verified.
If you cannot access the online services, and you have had both doses of the vaccine, you can request a paper letter from the NHS by calling 119. Only call 119 if you are due to travel outside the UK in the near future and have had your second dose (or one dose of the Janssen single-dose vaccine) more than 5 working days ago. It may take up to 7 working days for the letter to arrive.
This practice is not able to provide you with a letter that shows your COVID-19 vaccination status. Please do not contact the practice about your COVID-19 vaccination status unless you have been advised to by the 119 service.
When you're planning your travel, you should check the latest information on demonstrating your COVID-19 status when travelling abroad on the gov.uk website. Make sure there is enough time to get proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status before you are due to travel.
Stressed? Worried? Feeling down?
· Self-refer for counselling at Talk Changes, a confidential NHS talking therapies service for adults registered with a GP in City and Hackney
- Telephone: 020 7683 4278 / Website: https://talkchanges.org.uk/
· If you need urgent help because you are worried that you might harm yourself or someone else, call the 24-hour City and Hackney mental health crisis line:
- Telephone: 0800 073 0006 (Freephone number)
· Derman provides a range of well-being services for Turkish and Kurdish communities
- Telephone: 07956 495427 (Mon-Fri 9.00 – 13.00) / Website: www.derman.org.uk
· Bikur Cholim provides psychological therapies and counselling for Haredi and Orthodox Jewish patients
- Telephone: 020 8800 7575 / Email: email@example.com
· Mind provides psychological therapies and counselling for patients of African and Caribbean Heritage
- Website: www.iriemind.org
Free treatment from a local pharmacy:
If you have a minor ailment, you may be able to receive treatment from a local pharmacy for free. This scheme is called Health First Pharmacy. Please see this leaflet for more information on the service and the groups of patients who are eligible. Health First Pharmacy Scheme
Smokefree Hackney is the stop smoking service for people who live, work or study in Hackney.
Anyone can refer themselves or someone else to the stop smoking service via the Smokefree Hackney website https://www.smokefreehackney.org/referral
or they can call Smokefree Hackney on 0800 046 9946
or email them at Smokefreehackney@nhs.net
Are you eligible for Healthy Start vouchers? / Virtual workshops for parents
From April 2021, if you are pregnant or have a child under 4, you could get £4.25 per week to help buy healthy foods. Please see this poster for more information on the scheme and how to check if you are eligible.
HENRY are offering free 90 minute virtual workshops for parents on:
- Starting Solids
- Portion Sizes
- Understanding Children’s Behaviour
- Eating Well For Less
Find out more and register here.
Hackney Social Radio:
a weekly hour-long programme for older Hackney residents, every Wednesday 11am - 12pm on Resonance 104.4 FM
Support with self-isolation:
If you have tested positive for Covid-19 or you live with someone who has tested positive, there is help available!
The Council is running a short-term project offering extra support to people living at Pembury and Woodberry Down in July and August.
Call the Covid-19 Helpline on 020 8356 3111, and select option 3 when you have tested positive, or live with someone who has tested positive.
We can offer home delivery of a care package that includes a PCR test and a supply of PPE for your household, welfare calls, advice on how to keep your household safe and free hotel accommodation for household members of a positive case if they cannot successfully self-isolate at home.
Don’t wait - there is support available. Let’s stop Covid-19 in its tracks and keep your household safe!
Covid-19 support in Hackney:
Hackney Council Support Services in response to Covid-19
Find our more about your urgent referral:
Your urgent referral - Cancer Research UK
Cervical screening recommended every 3 years:
Cervical screening information
Do you meet the criteria for free NHS prescriptions?
How to manage ear wax build up without seeing a nurse or GP
Advice for patients re: self-care for wax in ears
Calling all gardeners!
We would love for you to join our gardening group, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
Community Garden Poster.pdf
Weekend appointments for wound care and childhood immunisations:
Speak to reception to book
Hackney Health Walks:
Join us for regular walks exploring the local area. Meet new people and reap the benefits of being active & in green space
Walkingtogether - a programme of wellbeing walks in Hackney
Hackney Council offer a guide to debt, work worries and benefits entitlements, and outline where you can go to access help
Where you can find free internet access in Hackney:
Hackney Council offer a guide of where to use computers and the internet for free in Hackney
Find a food bank here
Help someone sleeping rough