Cedar Practice News
Covid-19 vaccine appointments now available:
Covid-19 Vaccination Centre located in the John Scott Health Centre and Bocking Street
- We will contact eligible patients to make an appointment.
- Free transport is available - just let our reception team know if you need transport.
- Please be aware that you should receive an invite for this vaccine via your GP surgery only. This will be by text and/or a telephone call.
- Should I have the Covid-19 vaccine? An informative leaflet
- Please see below for a helpful video from our one of GP colleagues at Spring Hill Practice with information regarding the COVID-19 vaccination
The practice offers telephone appointments, face to face appointments and online consultations.
As of 28th April, we have resumed the ability to book routine face-to-face appointments online. Please see our 'Online Services' page for more information on how to register for this service.
To speak to a GP using our online service visit Online Consult. GPs will respond to an Online Consultation request within 48 hours Monday – Friday, either via text or telephone call.
Covid-19 variants of concern have been found in areas of Dalston and Shoreditch:
These areas are around Old Street and Great Eastern Street, in Shoreditch; and parts of Dalston town centre, around Dalston Lane and Kingsland High Street.
If you work or live in an affected area you should get a PCR test now, whether you have symptoms or not. You should either:
- Go to a test site and ask for a PCR test (a lab-checked test, usually recommended for those with Covid-19 symptoms)
- Or, order a PCR test to your home or work address. You can also order one by calling 119 (people with hearing or speech difficulties can call 18001 119). Drop off your completed home test kit at a local testing site or post in a priority post box.
Check if your postcode is affected + more info here: https://hackney.gov.uk/test
Stressed? Worried? Feeling down?
· Self-refer for counselling at Talk Changes, a confidential NHS talking therapies service for adults registered with a GP in City and Hackney
- Telephone: 020 7683 4278 / Website: https://talkchanges.org.uk/
· If you need urgent help because you are worried that you might harm yourself or someone else, call the 24-hour City and Hackney mental health crisis line:
- Telephone: 0800 073 0006 (Freephone number)
· Derman provides a range of well-being services for Turkish and Kurdish communities
- Telephone: 07956 495427 (Mon-Fri 9.00 – 13.00) / Website: www.derman.org.uk
· Bikur Cholim provides psychological therapies and counselling for Haredi and Orthodox Jewish patients
- Telephone: 020 8800 7575 / Email: email@example.com
· Mind provides psychological therapies and counselling for patients of African and Caribbean Heritage
- Website: www.iriemind.org
Free treatment from a local pharmacy:
If you have a minor ailment, you may be able to receive treatment from a local pharmacy for free. This scheme is called Health First Pharmacy. Please see this leaflet for more information on the service and the groups of patients who are eligible. Health First Pharmacy Scheme
Smokefree Hackney is the stop smoking service for people who live, work or study in Hackney.
Anyone can refer themselves or someone else to the stop smoking service via the Smokefree Hackney website https://www.smokefreehackney.org/referral
or they can call Smokefree Hackney on 0800 046 9946
or email them at Smokefreehackney@nhs.net
Hackney Social Radio:
a weekly hour-long programme for older Hackney residents, every Wednesday 11am - 12pm on Resonance 104.4 FM
Covid-19 support in Hackney:
Hackney Council Support Services in response to Covid-19
Find our more about your urgent referral:
Your urgent referral - Cancer Research UK
Cervical screening recommended every 3 years:
Cervical screening information
Do you meet the criteria for free NHS prescriptions?
How to manage ear wax build up without seeing a nurse or GP
Advice for patients re: self-care for wax in ears
Calling all gardeners!
We would love for you to join our gardening group, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
Community Garden Poster.pdf
Weekend appointments for wound care and childhood immunisations:
Speak to reception to book
Hackney Health Walks:
Join us for regular walks exploring the local area. Meet new people and reap the benefits of being active & in green space
Walkingtogether - a programme of wellbeing walks in Hackney
Hackney Council offer a guide to debt, work worries and benefits entitlements, and outline where you can go to access help
Where you can find free internet access in Hackney:
Hackney Council offer a guide of where to use computers and the internet for free in Hackney
Find a food bank here
Help someone sleeping rough